How to start a community-wide effort
Engage residents, business/community groups and government representatives. We've got all the tools you need to get started.
1. Engage residents:
• Speak to neighbours, family, and friends. • Host coffee parties or gatherings in your home. • Canvass door-to-door to raise awareness and collect petition signatures.(all the materials you need are on our website) • Participate in community events such as farmers’ markets, neighbourhood festivals, and any other community events.
2. Engage business and community groups
• Reach out to BIAs and residents associations (email, phone, or in-person). • Ask to speak or present at community meetings. • Ask businesses to support your group/efforts by:
i. displaying a poster in the window
ii.having a petition on site
iii. allowing you to take part in events hosted by BIA
iv. posting information about your effort in the BIA’s newsletter
• Ask community groups (residents groups, etc.) to post information about your efforts in their newsletter. • Ask local papers to post information about your effort.
3. Engage government representatives
• Send a letter/email or make a phone call to your municipal or federal representative. • Ask how they can support you on this issue. • Ask if they can broker a meeting or town hall with rail companies, experts and government officials. •